My creative space

Thursday, January 27, 2011


This week, I'm playing along with Kirsty at kootoyoo's "my creative space." Today you can find me working on finishing a little something I started last week, and showed a peak of in this post. It's binding time today, and seeing as how I've only done this once before, I'm a bit nervous. I'd like to try to miter the corners, but I can't for the life of me figure out how that works. Anyone have any good tutorials to share? In any case, wish me luck! And be sure to check out more creative spaces at kootoyoo.

5 comments:

  1. You're finishing something you only started last week! Wow. Love the fabrics you are handstitching in the first shot. Sorry, cannot offer any advice whatsoever, but please show us the finished item.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should look at "oh Fransson", she has some good tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the link Siobhan! And Carmel, what I started last week is very, very small so it's really not that impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re probably already onto it, but this tute is fabulous...

    http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2009/04/quilt-along-15-making-and-sewing-binding.html

    (even for a luddite quilty person such as moi!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Tania! That looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger