My too cute tunic

Monday, January 17, 2011



My too cute tunic dress



My too cute tunic dress

Remember that sneak peak I showed you in my last post? Well, this is what it turned into. It's the Too Cute Tunic from Pip Lincolne's new book, Sew La Tea Do. My husband brought it back for me as a gift the last time he went away for work (he's sweet like that), and I've been dying to dive in and make something. I had bookmarked this dress, and once I finally had enough fabric I got down to business.

Now, it didn't come together without a struggle. You see, I decided to make the size small/medium (there's also a medium/large). Once I had sewed together the top and tried it on I realized that my arms were much too big for the sleeves. So then I cut out a size medium/large top and sewed that together. It fit in the arms but was too big everywhere else. And then I had to attach it to the size small skirt, which was a wee bit frustrating. I'm not going to lie to you; without a belt, it kind of looks like a sack. But with a belt... I love it! It was my go to outfit this weekend. Speaking of weekends, it was a wonderful one. Friday night we went to see one of my favourite hometown musicians, and Saturday night we saw Mike Berbiglia. Good times all around. And then I forced my husband to take these photos of my new dress, he was thrilled.....

2 comments:

  1. Omg! It's gorgeous. I picked up that same book at my local bookshop today and then put it down again. You've convinced me to buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonia! THe book is super cute - and every pattern is full sized. I want to try to make the wrap skirt next... Let me know if you get the book and make anything :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger