A Sew Liberated pillow

Thursday, January 20, 2011

sew liberated pillow

I love how you can see my hideously ugly carpet in this one, yay for candid shots!

sew liberated pillow

Yesterday I mentioned that I would share what came of my little tea drinking, gingerbread eating perusal of Meg McElwee's book, Sew Liberated. What immediately caught my eye while I was flipping through the pages was the Tie-back floor pillow cover. It did take me a little while to make as the applique process is labour intensive, but it was so worth it. The pattern is well written and super easy to follow (thank you illustrations). I did make one change; instead of free-forming stitching the trunks I just appliqued them. I couldn't figure out how to lower my feed dogs, and it all seemed a bit complicated so I went for an easier route. In any case, I love it and it has been proudly gracing my oddly coloured couch ever since.

4 comments:

  1. Great work! You pillow cover looks gorgeous!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I love bold graphic, colorful decor...Reminds me of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love all the different patterns.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger