Sydney love: Waverley Cemetery

Friday, January 28, 2011

DSC_0805

my mom strolling through

DSC_0811

DSC_0809 copy

DSC_0807

DSC_0806

I realize that this is going to sound totally bizarre, but I think that one of the most beautiful and interesting places in Sydney is this cemetery. It's called Waverley Cemetery and it's in Sydney's eastern suburbs, near the beaches. My pictures don't really show the scale of the place, but it is huge and very sprawling. It is just such a beautiful and unique place; I've never seen anything like it.

p.s. To find out why I'm writing this series, Sydney love, see here.

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting us. We are glad you enjoyed it.

    While we are the last operational cemetery close to the CBD of Sydney, and we have 50,000 allotments over 16 hectares, we are one of the smaller cemeteries in the Sydney MGA.

    For more information see www.waverley.nsw.gov.au/cemetery

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger