A birthday weekend

Monday, February 21, 2011

hubby's birthday

First of all, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement on my last post, they mean the world to me! I'm a busy girl this week, trying to get everything ready for the craft fair, but this weekend I let it all go and celebrated my husband's birthday instead. His birthday was yesterday and he was quite clear that he just wanted to relax. He also woke up at 5 a.m. to go on a 2 hour bike ride, so I'm not quite sure how one could consider that relaxing, but my husband is kind of nuts. Once he got home though, we were both too hot to move and we did indeed relax for the rest of the day.

DSC_0921

We happened to be dog sitting our favourite beagle, so we spent lots of time playing with him in the garden and taking him for walks. Since we can't have our own dog, we're always thrilled to take care of other people's dogs!

hubby's birthday
photo by husband

Husband requested the honey cake from Tessa Kiros' brilliant cookbook, Apples for Jam. He's not a big fan of sweets, so this cake suits him perfectly as it's not too intense. And it has rosemary in it, isn't that cool?

hubby's birthday
photo by husband
hubby's birthday
photo by husband
hubby's birthday

I got husband a couple of shirts as a present, and here he is wearing one to his birthday dinner.

hubby's birthday

At the end of the day we went over to husband's mum and step-dad's place and had a wonderful dinner of prawns, oysters and salad. It was a small group, but it was just what he wanted. In fact, husband's only other request aside from relaxing, was to eat prawns and oysters for dinner. He was a happy guy.

hubby's birthday

9 comments:

  1. amazing pictures!u are so beautiful!
    i am greek australian!i live in greece now work in fashion but miss australia like hell!!
    your cookong seems delicious!!following!great crafting on your posts!
    hope you visit my site as well!
    kisses*
    www.ffffashionmixxxx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a delicious dinner and a happy birthday weekend. That photo of the beagle is especially adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend - it was definitely too hot out to do much yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great, relaxing weekend! That photo of you is beautiful!!

    PS - Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog lately! I haven't been able to respond much because of life being so busy/hectic lately!

    It's funny how you talk about how your husband can't just relax and will go on crazy bike rides, etc. My husband is the EXACT way! He's always up and reading to go climb a mountain or mountain bike like 100 miles... and I'm like, can we juuust sit? Haha

    Oh and PSS - It took me a while to become a "morning person" but now I LOVE it! It's so peaceful in the early morning before everyone else is awake. :)

    Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious!

    Yeah Cafe Rio is a Mexican restaurant but it's different cuz it's kinda sweet rather than spicy or anything.
    It's amazing so when you come visit the US stop by Utah or Arizona and try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, lovely to find your blog, and you are from Canada too. I live in Vancouver, BC. Where did you live?

    Looks like your hubby had a fabulous birthday and that food looks beyond delicious. Wonderful to find you, consider me a new follower. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to him, looks like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is about the prettiest food ever! And your cake...gorgeous...and apple rosemary sounds super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Gaby! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    As for me? Hubs and I were living in the English Bay/False Creek area (15 + years). But, we just moved outside of the city. How amazing that you live in Sydney, Australia. I have never been but I have heard that it is absolutely stunning. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger