It's official

Saturday, February 5, 2011

yoga books
some of my yoga "textbooks"

It's official, come March I will be starting yoga teacher training at the studio where I have been practicing since I moved to Sydney. Becoming a yoga teacher has long been a secret dream of mine, but I always convinced myself that I wasn't good enough, I wasn't ready etc. etc. And then over the last couple of weeks all of the pieces have fallen into place to give me this amazing opportunity. Yesterday I went to the studio to pick up my books, and I felt this surge of giddiness like this is real, and it's actually happening. As always, I am so grateful for my husband without whom I probably would not be able to do this. He makes my crackpot schemes possible and I love him for it. This year feels really big for me; I'm making lots of changes and while it's scary, it's also super exciting. Any words of wisdom for me as I get ready to begin this journey? I'd especially love to hear from any yoga teachers!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is one of my secret dreams I've never said out loud, either. I'd love it if you shared your journey along the way, so I can watch the process grow!
    Yoga is such an incredibly gift to give someone, that I'm sure this new adventure will be so rewarding for you. Good luck with everything, I'm sure you will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on realizing your "secret dream" :) They really are the best kind of dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting!! i'm sure you will be a fabulous yoga instructor! i can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a lot in the way of wisdom, (or the er, teaching of yoga), I’m afraid. Except to say that treading the path you know to be tried and true, rarely makes the heart go skippety skip. Don't you think?

    (YAY FOR YOU!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm really looking forward to this and will definitely be sharing more as I go along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I know nothing about yoga or yoga teaching but I do know that following your truth and living your dream is the only way. Wishing you much happiness and inspiration on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. howww funnnn!!! i LOVE yoga! its sooo hard though! congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very exciting! What would we do without husbands who support crackpot dreams? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such exciting news...Look forward to hearing more about this.

    Am a yoga student, not a teacher, so can only offer words of encouragement from this perspective. Enjoy the journey and have fun. x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger