Meet me at Mike's softies

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

meet me at mikes softies

A few months ago when my friend's baby boy was about to arrive, I decided to make him a softie so that the first time I met him, I could give him something cute. So of course I turned to the Meet me at Mike's book (which I've blogged about before). At first, I made him the Udderly lovely cow from some old jeans and other small pieces of fabric laying around. When she was finished, I thought that maybe giving a baby a stuffed cow was a bit weird so I decided to make Zing the polite cat. And then when Zing was finished, I thought that she looked a bit too much like E.T. It was all very troubling. In the end, I decided that I liked the cow best so that's what I would give to Lucas. A few days later, we headed to the hospital to meet the baby with an udderly lovely cow in tow. Hopefully he likes it, and doesn't think that a stuffed cow is odd.

udderly lovely cow

udderly lovely cow

5 comments:

  1. so cute. i love the little face, and of course the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    They are both divine & made with love. This is most important.
    Don't judge your creations too harshly. There's nothing wrong with being a little wonky when it comes to a softie. It shows that they were made by hand.
    He'll love it.

    I can't remember how I came across our blog, but it's lovely.
    Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooo cute!! I am seriously getting this book now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both, but the cat's face is too cute! Lovely (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger