A mellow weekend

Monday, February 14, 2011

moi

It rained this weekend here in Sydney, which was a welcome relief from last weekend and a perfect excuse to spend most of the weekend at home being mellow. Friday night, we did what we do most nights: make and eat dinner. But I decided a bit of romance was in order so I got dolled up (see crap iphone photo above) and then we made the delicious No Butter Chicken from the cookbook Everyday Indian. This is such a good cookbook, filled with really healthy recipes.

spices

it's not a moose you goose

We also drank Tooheys from the can, because we're bogans like that. Husband thought "It's not a moose you goose" was hilarious because I'm Canadian.

ruffly apron

Sunday morning I put on my most ruffly apron and made chocolate chip cookies. I think it's best to wear pink and ruffles while making cookies, don't you?

cookie dough

chocolate chip cookies

hanging out

Finally, I shared those cookies with my gorgeous friends who helped me with a little project. What did you do this weekend?

p.s. Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. There are some really delicious photos in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! Those cookies look delicious, and now I must make them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to find out what the little project was. the apron is adorable. And I'm obsessed with Indian food. I must check out this book of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now I definitely need my own ruffly apron for baking cookies! I loove yours! Where did you get it? Oooor did you MAKE it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me giggle! (goose comment)
    Ive often looked at 'Everyday Italian' and wondered to buy it. Now I just might have to as its come so highly recommended.

    p.s. im following you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger