My warbler mini quilt

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My warbler mini quilt

p.s. I made this skirt too, but we can talk about that later.

My warbler mini quilt

Photos by my husband

My warbler mini quilt

Saturday was a lazy day at our house. We sat around, read our books, watched DVD's, and then worked on our respective projects: him, a shoe rack and me, a quilt. Just as my afternoon was drawing to a close and it was time to get ready to go to a concert, I finally finished and had husband snap a few photos before I ran out. I used the Warbler Quilt pattern in the book Whip Up Mini Quilts. It's a great book, with so many gorgeous projects in its pages. And I love the fact that most of the quilts use tiny scraps. Isn't it great when you can just dig through your scraps and end up with something new? I love that feeling. And I love this mini quilt, although judging by what husband had to say about my last quilt, you can imagine what he thinks of this one... Apparently for husband, "decoration" isn't a sufficient reason to make something, and yet I'm unfazed.

9 comments:

  1. What lovely photos. I think your hubby is proud of the quilt (and you!).
    Btw, I love the skirt you are wearing. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! So inspired by that, My mum and I want to start quilting. We are yet to buty a decent sewing machine though. I got a flea market $4 one last week, but it pulls awfully and is very frustrating! I too think your husband is proud of you. Men are just too practical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonia - I did make it, thanks for the compliment! I'll probably put up a blog post about it later on, but it's from the first Meet me at Mike's book, and the fabric is from Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks line. I love her fabric a lot!

    Amber - my sewing machine is at least 30 years old and is on perma-loan from my mother in law, so don't worry if you don't have the newest and greatest. But it is probably frustrating if the $4 doesn't work well. Keep on checking out those flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales and I'm sure you'll find a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous - as are you and your rouged lips! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressed! I wish I had the time (and patience) to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precious, Gaby! I would love to try my hand at a similar one for a little play mat. Thanks for sending me the link :) I'm going to pin this on my pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! You're all so sweet. xo

    And Aura - I would love to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colour choices! The quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You & your quilt are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger