Seasonal coasters

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

4 seasons coasters

summer

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with embroidery. I taught myself to do it about a year ago with an embroidery kit from Sublime Stitching. But since then, I've only completed a few projects, and I still have a half finished embroidery hiding in my closet. I do enjoy the process, but it just takes sooooooo long! When I feel the itch to embroider, I think it's best to stick with something small, which is why when I saw these coasters that SouleMama made, I decided to make something similar. They didn't take me all that long, and they used up some little scraps. I just free-embroidered (can you even say that?) the tree shapes and then sewed a small scrap to the top, and then sewed that to the backing fabric leaving a hole to pull through. Then I whipstitched that hole shut, and done! Now I act all protective when husband tries to stick a glass onto them because he might pull out the French knots... But the coasters without French knots are totally useful, I swear.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
    I want to learn to do this. Guess I'd better learn how to use that sewing machine I bought.
    I know how to cross-stitch so I think I can swing embroidery.
    SO cute!
    Make sure to make plenty more and also list them on that upcoming etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goooodness! I LOVE these!!! You are seriously so talented and this just keeps making me feel worthless when it comes to my sewing attempts! I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful and you are one talented lady! I love seasons and the gentle way in which they mark out our time for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so cute. I can not wait to be re-united with my sewing things. i will try these out. i'm very impressed with your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should take a pic of that amazing embroidered bag that you made me so that you can post it under "awesomely-morbid-yet-cute-organ-embroidery." For a while, I had trouble finding a good use for that size of bag, but now that I've taken up knitting (mostly just snoods), I use it to carry around my projects :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger