Sydney love: the Blue Mountains

Friday, February 11, 2011


Top 2 photos from my first trip to Sydney. Photo on the left was taken by my friend, Ness.


I'm afraid you're going to have to bear with me on this edition of "sydney love" as there are going to be a lot of photos because the Blue Mountains are a very special place to me. That's because it's where my husband and I started spending time together, which eventually led to a relationship, a move and a marriage. But first, let me backtrack a bit... The first time I ever went to the Blue Mountains was when my friend and I were living in Sydney for the summer. I had hoped to find someone to rock climb with, but no such luck. We had also hoped to actually see the Blue Mountains, but again, no such luck. It was incredibly drizzly and grey when we were there. Shortly thereafter I met a handsome Aussie at the rock climbing gym in Sydney, and I kind of invited myself up to the mountains with him. He took my friend Vanessa and I, and we all got along so well that the three of us spent all day climbing, and then all night pub hopping. The Aussie and I started climbing together regularly, at the gym and in the mountains, and eventually all of that climbing led to us dating. And then all of that dating led to us thinking that we should get married. So we did. Sydney has been home ever since, although the mister and I love the Blue Mountains so much that we sometimes think of moving up there. I mean, just look at these photos, it's a pretty special place.

DSC_0282

photo by husband

DSC_0483

DSC_0750

DSC_0199

Me resting in the sun, in the middle of winter. I love Sydney. Photo by husband.

DSC_0366 copy

Photo by husband.

DSC_0721

Photo by husband.

DSC_0733

8 comments:

  1. this looks like my husbands dream come true. i'm afraid i'm either a beach girl or a city girl i don't know what to do with the in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... this is incredible! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture your husband took of you is beautiful! I can't wait until winter is over so we can go hiking again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go explore there! Absolutely stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh i want to go to Sydney SOOOO BADLY! These pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW WOW! Thank you for posting the Blue Mountain photos!! They are seriously AMAZING! You are so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place! The story of how you and your husband came to be is adorable. I love it. Now I really can't wait until Winter is over here, so I can go climbing outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous place! you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger