Guest post: Life is Sweet

Thursday, March 24, 2011

* Hey everyone! Today I am so excited to have Anna from Life is Sweet guest posting. She was one of the first people to find my little blog, and I instantly fell in love with hers. She posts about all kinds of wonderful things from travel and music, to everyday life with her hubs. Right now she's doing 30 days of lists, which is super cute and a great way to learn more about her. Be sure to check out her blog!


Hi everyone!

I'm Anna from
Life is Sweet*! Gaby was nice enough to let me come over and chat with you while she is away on an awesome rock climbing and camping adventure! Here's to hoping the weather is perfect for her and her husband.

I fell in love with Gaby's blog when I realized that we have so much in common: love for the outdoors, traveling, crafting, the list could go on. But today, I thought I'd share with you a little travel snippet from my honeymoon. My husband Brett and I spent 11 glorious days in sunny California for our honeymoon. We flew into San Francisco, rented a car, and went on a little California road trip. One of my favorite parts of the whole trip was the first two nights, when we stayed on a houseboat in Sausalito. It.was.magical.

To get into the houseboat, you literally had to step from the dock onto the boat. And if you looked down as you were crossing, you could see the water beneath you. The only thing keeping it from sailing away into the sunset are a couple ropes tied to the dock. The tiny little houseboat rocked back and forth with every little step we took. It was literally a boat turned into a tiny studio on the water. The bed was tucked away in the back of the boat in a tiny cubbyhole and the shower was barely taller than myself (5'2"!). Laying in bed, you could look out and see the San Francisco Bay. And you only had to take about 15 steps to walk out onto the "floating garden" to see the San Francisco skyline. It was the coziest, most romantic, secluded little place we have ever stayed. We made coffee in the tiny kitchen in the mornings, took afternoon naps, and indulged in wine, cheese, and crackers on the floating garden while watching the sea lions swim by. It was literally the perfect way to start our life together as husband and wife.

Thanks again Anna! p.s. Aren't her photos amazing? I love that second one, makes me want to live on a houseboat.

1 comments:

  1. So glad Anna guest posted today! I love your blog and crafting and life in australia....definitely a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger