My creative space: tote bag

Thursday, March 17, 2011

everyday tote

everyday tote


Last week, I shared the early stages of this bag for my creative space. I also explained that I was hoping to get it done in time to use it over the weekend, and I'm happy to report that I was successful. In fact, I finished it that very night and have been using it ever since. It's the all-day tote from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing and the fabric is from Ikea. Every time I make it, I make little adjustments; this time I altered the straps, and the pockets. All of these little adjustments make me love it even more. It's a pretty great bag; I took it to yoga school this weekend and it fit all of my books, my lunch, a 1L water bottle, a sweater, and my trusty keep cup. It's exactly what I needed.

Head on over to Kootoyoo to check out other creative peoples' spaces.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Can you make one for me? Different fabric maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Don't you feel good when you make something that just WORKS for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great fabric & it seems to me just perfect for you.
    Happy thursday dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so cute, i can't believe you made that!!

    and when i bake...i always make sure to take some to my family/friends or to work. or i half the recipe so we don't end up eating too much!! if i don't have anyone to take them to i usually try to restrain myself from baking, although it is very hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely - looks much better than my ikea bag - thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job! What a great size too.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger