My creative space

Thursday, March 10, 2011

in progress

Ok, so I realize that my creative space isn't very exciting this week because I'm still in the early stages of being creative. I've got my pattern, I've chosen my fabric, I've even cut my fabric but I haven't gotten any further than that. I've made this all-day tote from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing a couple of times as gifts for people, and now I'm finally making one for myself. I couldn't decide on the fabric and then as I was sorting through my rather small stash I came across this Ikea fabric that I bought for nothing in particular, and I thought "perfect!" It'll be simple enough to match anything since it's black and white, but it's got a nice print to keep it interesting. I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow so I can use it to carry my yoga books with me to class on Saturday. I tend to get easily distracted so we'll see if that actually happens, I'll keep you posted...

Head on over to Kootoyoo to check out other peoples' more exciting creative spaces!

7 comments:

  1. That tote is fabulous! I want one!! The fabrics you've selected will be ideal.

    Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see your finished result. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool fabric! Can't wait to see the final result :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh pretty - and such a perfect bag. If I start sewing, please know you're inspiring posts will be a part of the reason why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabby!
    I want to learn how to sew I bought myself a sewing machine a while back but progressed no further.
    I look forward with baited breath to seeing your bag at training tomorrow!!
    Katie
    P.S. Came across your blog because I follow Megan's at Ecomilf she is my buddy and a mothering inspiration! And you won her awesome cookbook! Such a small world! See you over the weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Simple Sewing book! And cute fabric too, geeze oh man, now I want to make something! :) So glad I found your blog, its just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh very cool bag, post pics when you're finished! Keep creating girl, eventually it will become a habit!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger