My reading list

Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm a bit of a bookworm, always have been. So it happens to me quite often that I get over zealous and end up with a huge pile of books to read next to my bed. Then I spend the next few months reading at least two books at a time. Well, I've done it again. Wanna see what's on my nightstand right now?

to read

I'm hoping to get through at least a couple of these on my camping trip. I'm starting with the book that I'm most excited about: The Golden Spruce by John Vaillant. My mom gave it to husband for Christmas, and he said it was one of the best books he's read in a very long time. And speaking of good books, I recently finished Barbara Kingsolver's latest book The Lacuna. I loved it. She is such a wonderful writer and I find all of her books tell the kind of stories that stay with you long after you've finished reading. Tell me, what have you been reading lately?

* I'm away camping right now, but I hope you enjoyed this pre-scheduled post. xx

7 comments:

  1. So excited about the bag! Hope you have a good trip but can't wait till you get back so we can talk!

    Also, I totally do the same thing with books. "The Glass House" is one of my favs. I cannot read my stack anytime soon though because this silly thing called school is taking over my life. That is when working full-time and wanting to write LOTS of blog, and do LOTS of crafts don't also take priority! I have too much to do in one lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE to read!! but i never seem to do it often enough anymore these days :( i'm dying to read "the kite runner"- i've read another one of khalen hosseini's books (a thousand splendid suns) and i would definitely recommend it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love reading lists! I have one that I mean to post in the near future. Books are amazing. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kite Runner is amazing - have you seen the film? It is just so beautiful and such a well-told story. Neither Here Nor There is just laugh-out-loud funny. I will have to take up your recommendation of Barbara Kingsolver - I have seen her books around but never really had the 'push' to take the plunge and start one.

    I hope you're enjoying your camping trip and that you're staying dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am much the same and always have a few going at once. You have a great selection there too.

    I have just popped by and had a sticky beak. You have a beautiful blog. My brother is living the opposite life to you. He is Australian and living in Vancouver with his canadian (vancouver raised) partner. I started my blog to keep him in touch with what my family was up to.

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do this same thing actually, stack my books so I can finish them faster, although I went through a string of bad books and haven't been in the mood to read at ALL lately. I need to do some catching up!

    Check out my stacks here, http://nomarkatall.blogspot.com/p/reading.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger