Oh deer!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

embroidering

oh deer

Since I talked about my love hate relationship with embroidery a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd show you another embroidered project that I actually finished. I mentioned in that post that I learned how to embroider with a kit from Sublime Stitching, and this is the product of those early days of sitting on my couch with a needle in one hand and Jenny's embroidery instructions in the other. Once I had finished the embroidery, I just sewed a very simple tote bag. The stitches are a bit wonky (I'm not great at sewing on straps) and the embroidery is imperfect, but it's one of my favourite things that I've made. I carry it with me often, and I usually get compliments on the pretty deer. When that happens, as much as I'd love to pretend that I'm talented enough to draw said deer, I always fess up and explain about how great Sublime Stitching is. If you're into embroidery, or you just want to learn, definitely check them out. Or better yet, have a friend teach you. I think that's pretty much the best way to learn a new skill.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deer. I just watched Les Biches and the main girl draws pictures of deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is lovely. I have to ask as well, do you have a backyard? I really miss being able to sit outdoors and still be 'at home'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I would love to either take on embroidery, or cross-stitching. I always wanted to knit, but never could force myself to do it. The thought of sitting still and doing something with my hands sounds so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya Gaby! This bag is fab, I'm so impressed! I love deer! Great job! OXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. I'd love to have that design on a little pillow. Good work! xx

    ps. I've got a Happy Circus giveaway running at the moment that I think you'll love. Head over and check it out -http://onthefirstdayofmarriage.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-post_05.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaby, this is darling! You are so crafty and talented! I'm definitely going to check out that kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look delicious, and that project turned out great!

    heyrecklessmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger