Anniversary celebrations

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

All frocked up and ready to go to the races. I'm wearing an old Allison Wonderland dress, and one of my fascinators (not the one that's in the shop though, I made this one to keep). These 3 photos were taken by husband.



these last 8 photos were all taken on my iphone with the hipstamatic app

This year our anniversary fell on Easter Sunday so we decided to celebrate a day early, which meant that we could actually go out. We spent the day doing one of husband's favourite things: going to the races. I don't love the races, but I do enjoy getting dressed up for the event. It's such an old fashioned activity - men wear suits and ties, and women wear dresses, high heels and the obligatory fascinator/hat. And then you all stand around and judge each other :) It's like a fashion show!

After all of that excitement, husband surprised me by taking me to a beautiful restaurant where we had had a very special date a few years ago. We enjoyed a beautiful meal overlooking the opera house and the harbour bridge, and toasted our two years of marriage with champagne and wine. Anniversaries are the best.

5 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! i know that restaurant well.. that photo from the outdoor seating is making me miss sydney terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! The boyfriend was just asking me yesterday if I'd like to go to see races at the track out in the 'burbs where his parents live. Somehow I don't think they dress up or wear fascinators at Canadian racetracks, but perhaps I can dress up anyways :)

    Happy Anniversary you two! 2 years married already, holy sh*t!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your celebration was perfect!!

    PS - LOOOOVE your dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. argh, i'm a little bit late with my comment - but happy anniversary! getting dressed up always makes things seem a little bit more special :) hope you had an amazing night x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, lovely photos Gaby! I'm loving this gorgeous dress it's absolutely fantastic. Looks beautiful with your hair accessory & shoes!! Sounds like you had a fantastic anniversary and yes, they are so fun to celebrate. Congrats to you both. x veronika

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger