My creative space: Just Married Duvet Cover

Thursday, April 28, 2011

folksy flannels duvet

folksy flannels duvet
Yesterday I showed some shots of my cozy bed, and today I thought I'd tell you a bit more about that blanket...

One of my hands down favourite craft books is The Crafty Minx by Kelly Doust. It's chock-a-block full of lovely projects that are all super simple. One of those projects is the Just Married Duvet Cover, otherwise known as the largest thing I have ever sewn (and the wonkiest, consequently). I adapted the pattern a bit by using bigger squares, and I used Anna Maria Horner's Folksy Flannels. Me oh my have you seen this fabric a lot around here! See here, here, here, and here. I should also mention that Kelly Doust is one of the sweetest ladies around. I went to a craft sessions/book signing with her last year and it was such a pleasure to meet her. Her other books are all fantastic as well and definitely worth checking out (I love her book A Life in Frocks!).

Just married duvet cover
how it looks normally

3 comments:

  1. I'm procrastinating at the moment since my two little ones (who are both sick) just went down for late, late naps.

    So glad I did. What a sweet project-you really put a lot of love into it. I love your bedframe and that you have two windows in your room. Ours only has one...oo gotta run. Tornado sirens going off. Need to check the news. Write later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to make one of these FOREVER. Well, I'm often meaning to make a lot of things. And the book hasn't exactly been out "forever", but still.

    Yours looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you said it was also the wonkiest thing you've ever sewn. I'm working on some drapes right now and boy are they a piece of work to get through the machine.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger