Tea in the morning

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Almost every morning, I roll over to find this sitting on my nightstand next to me:

tea time

Tea in a thermos to keep it warm, and a cup to pour it into. Husband does this for me because I hate mornings and he doesn't, and I think he also does it because he loves me. He's a good man, that Aussie of mine. This morning tea makes me happy for 2 reasons: my friend Vanessa made the paper cutouts to be a replica of the house that we lived in when the two of us first moved to Sydney, and because, I love having tea in the morning but I hate making it. See above note about me hating mornings. On that note, are you impressed that the first thing I did this morning was roll over, grab my camera and take this photo? Then I stumbled out of bed and grabbed a piece of cake, which I am now devouring for breakfast while I write this post. I repeat, I am not a morning person.

7 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing ever! It's the little things like that that show love. When I first moved in with my boyfriend, he brought me coffee in bed every morning. That trailed off as I always have to leave before him, but I'll always remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little story makes me happy too.
    Every morning when I stumble into breakfast, amidst the family chaos there is always a strong latte with love heart on it. Makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute :) it's the little things like this that make you feel like your heart is going to burst.

    ps. i'm SO not a morning person either... i'm pretty sure one of the deciding factors in my choice of occupation is the 9am starts! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!
    I also am not a morning person. I hate having to be at work at 7:30am. Terrible.
    Could you please teach my boyfriend to do this? Currently he isn't working and I feel very upset at his extra sleep AND easy days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband and Vanessa are incredibly thoughtful people. And cake for breakfast? I do that at least a couple times a year. :)

    Hope you had a nice week so far Gaby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely thing for your husband to do. I hope you enjoyed your cake - I had a frozen brownie for breakfast last Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a SWEET, SWEET husband!!!

    See, it's the opposite for us. I am the morning person and my husband is not. So I get the coffee going in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger