Avocado smoothie

Tuesday, May 10, 2011


I have a friend who went to Morocco and said that street vendors there sell the most amazing avocado smoothies. I said, "ew, that sounds gross." But she insisted that they were delicious. And then I saw this post on this beautiful blog, and I thought, "what the hell? might as well give it a shot!" You basically just blend up an avocado, a banana, and some honey with milk of your choice (I used almond milk here) and then drink it up. It took me a few tweaks to get it right, and even then I wasn't 100% convinced... But I liked it enough to drink the lot, and I still think it's worth trying...

9 comments:

  1. mmm.. i have been THINKING about trying an avocado milkshake because i've heard that filipinos love them... but i don't know, there's just something about it that makes my tummy churn a little! maybe i'll get brave one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I LOVE avocado, but I am skeptical about this smoothie.... BUT, since you say you like it, I may now have to try this... Think I could get my husband to drink it too? Doubtful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had an avocado smoothie since I was a kid. Now I'm thinking of making one over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've tried avocado pie (which i didn't like) but maybe i'll give the smoothie a go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I adore avocados, but admit to some skepticism about this smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm I love Avacado Smoothies!!
    yum.

    Cute headbands!!! LOVE them!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks and sounds absolutely delightful, and exactly what I want every day this summer!!! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I have to admit that when I first saw the smoothie, I had a little "ew" reaction too. But after reading the recipe it actually sounds really good and I LOVE Avocados!! I will have to give this a try. Hope you're having a lovely Wednesday. xx veronika

    PS love the pics of you with your dad, SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok - my curiosity if officially piqued - I love avos but it has never dawned on me to smoothie-fy them - even though I've gone so far as to smoothie-fy kale...must try (but like you were, I'm a little skeptical...)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger