Midwest Modern

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

DSC_0149

DSC_0160


Have you guys read the book Midwest Modern? I just borrowed it from a friend and I've been flipping through it over and over again while drinking tea and eating brownies (the best way to read, I find). It's a coffee table book full of gorgeous photos of Amy Butler's home as well as some of her fabrics and designs. In it, she gives bits and pieces of advice (like a couple of super simple tutorials) and she talks about her aesthetic, but mostly she just gives inspiration. My favourite part is the peak into her studio - shown in the photos above - which makes me dream of the day when I can dedicate a whole room in my house to crafting. Until then, I'll continue to peruse the pages of Amy Butler's book and dream...

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a good one to put on the ever growing wish list! Quite like her fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. Seems like this is something I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful book, and I want those brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yet another book to put on my list, by the looks of your photos. I did the exact same thing, coffee and cake last Friday when Holly Beckers book arrived on my doorstep. I was in eye candy heaven.....there is something about reading a coffee table book and eating that makes me happy lol and yet inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also dream of having an entire room dedicated to my studio but that probably won't happen for like another 20 years. lots of time to plan for it i guess :) that book looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely the best way to read a book!

    And what a beautiful book it is! I love the studio photos too... I love peeking into the spaces of creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brownies look different than any I've seen. Can we talk a little bit about those? Where did you find the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger