My creative space: another tote bag

Thursday, May 12, 2011

sorry for the iphone pics

This week my creative space is really my friend's creative space. You see, I've been teaching a friend to sew and this is what we've come up with over a couple of nights of tea drinking and machine manual reading (I am SO unfamiliar with new machines, the machine I use is from the 70's!). It's the same bag from this post, with the fabric coming from an old baby sling and a tablecloth (I think). You can't quite see it, but the lining fabric is this beautiful green textured silk that looks great with the exterior fabric. It's perfect for my friend, and proof that learning to sew isn't so hard! Just grab a friend (anyone will do, I'm no genius sewist), an easy pattern and get to it!

4 comments:

  1. This is SOOO cute. Makes me even more sad though that we couldn't make mine happen! Maybe you can send me the pattern and I can make a try for it myself? Of course I will have to actually USE my sewing machine. And learn to use it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is awesome! GOOD WORK!

    That print is so fun. Perfect for spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby, your friend's bag turned out fantastic! I really need to get my sewing machine instructions out. I even bought material last week...

    Anyhow-love your friends bag. Hope life isn't too crazy for you at the moment, and has slowed down a bit. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    MBL

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep saying i need to learn to sew! it just seems so complicated.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

this little port All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger