Yoga teacher training retreat

Sunday, May 1, 2011


I'm currently recovering from 4 very busy days of our yoga teacher training retreat. We went to a centre about an hour outside of Sydney and spent 4 days totally immersed in yoga. We woke up at 7 am and did a class until 8, then we would have lectures and presentations, another class in the afternoon, more lectures and/or movies then sleep. It was wonderful but it was also hard, especially the early mornings. I was so tired this weekend that I stayed home all day Saturday watching royal wedding footage. Yesterday I did make it out of the house to go to the Sydney Vegan Expo and then to a yoga class, but I made sure to relax in between. For any of you curious about what a yoga retreat looks like, here's a whole whack of photos...



DSC_0036

DSC_0029

DSC_0067

I even managed to squeeze in some knitting.

DSC_0068

One of my favourite things about yoga teacher training is how different everyone is and yet how well we all connect. For example, in the above photos is an American, an Israeli and a girl from India.

DSC_0055


DSC_0080

This is my friend's tattoo, I think it's pretty cool.

DSC_0088

Demonstrating kids yoga techniques.


DSC_0090

DSC_0147 copy


10 comments:

  1. aww, this looks and sounds so wonderful! my sister teaches yoga; she would love to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) What awesome photos!
    2) This looks like so much fun!
    3) That is a SUPER cool tattoo your friend has. I heart feathers. ;)

    p.s. Thank you so much for your kind words after the tornadoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looked like such and inspirational yet fun retreat. I loved the comment about how different everyone is but that the common bond of yoga made it a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh looks like the retreat was a lot of fun! and lovely pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like such a fun weekend! I love that tattoo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the insight into the world of yoga teaching - looks like fun. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your training.

    The bit about playing around with kids yoga poses/activities sounds interesting. We're looking at offering classes at my work, so that's kind of been on my radar. I came across this great cafe/children's art studio in New York that offered 'gloga': glow in the dark yoga for kids! Only in America! Nevertheless, children's yoga fascinates me.

    Such beautiful photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful weekend! So inspiring and rejuvenating!

    And I love your friend's tattoo. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are you doing your training? Can't wait to hear more about yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love kids yoga techniques:)))

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger