My Creative Space: placemats

Thursday, June 30, 2011



Last weekend I had a housewarming party to go to. I was teaching that morning and I only had a couple of hours before I had to be at the party, but I knew I wanted to get my friends something for their new home.

Now, for some reason I haven't been crafting very much lately. Blame it on business, laziness or a combination of the two, but the fact is that my sewing machine has been lonely. And so I hauled it out, and all of the little bits and bobs I need that live all over my apartment and I started cutting, and folding and ironing and sewing and next thing I knew I had 4 whole placemats done in just over an hour. I tied them up with a bow and gave them to my friends who were so sweet about my little handmade gift. Thank god for sewing; it's seriously one of my only practical life skills :)

13 comments:

  1. Handmade gifts are the greatest! I love the fabrics you have used - the print is really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is so pretty, love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fabulous! I too am guilty of the last-minute handmade gift making, but each time the receiver has been thrilled. There must be something in that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and so much nicer for the recipient than a mass-produced item. Very nice fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my that fabric is gorgeous, what a thoughtful and stunning gift to make and take along. I need to get over my fear of sewing and just do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are lovely! still need to learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those placemats! i would definitely love to learn how to sew :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look fantastic, love your choice of color and pattern! there is something very special about handmade gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU should make step by step directions for us sewing challenged ones! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look amazing! LOVE the fabric that you have used the colour is so vibrant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic gift idea...I love love the colours and pattern of the fabric.
    Thanks for stopping by my space too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are so cute! you should sell them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger