My favourite podcasts

Monday, June 27, 2011


One of the little rituals that grounds my week is listening to my favourite podcasts on Sundays. While I listen, I potter around the house, tidying up and doing chores. And it is seriously one of my favourite ways to spend a morning. My four favourite podcasts are: the Vinyl Cafe, Definitely not the Opera, This American Life and the Dirtbag Diaries.

The funny thing is that when I was a kid my dad used to take my brother and I on drives and he would always listen to the CBC. His favourites were the Vinyl Cafe and DNTO and I resented both massively. I just wanted to listen to my crappy top 40 radio stations. But now that I'm an adult, and I've moved to the other side of the world, I so appreciate the gentle, simple, canadianess of both of these shows. They remind me why I love Canada, and they make me feel like I'm still connected, silly as that may sound. Do you guys have any favourite podcasts?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE This American Life (have you seen the tv show??) but I haven't heard of the others - cannot wait to look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must must must, I repeat MUST check out The Moth! I might say I love it even more than This American Life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BBC4 podcasts especially Woman's Hour and Thinking Aloud. Loads of others too and good music podcasts as well.
    Hope you are enjoying your winter. We are thrilled here to have summer which is rather like your winter. All is relative.
    I too love your blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger