Teaching yoga

Thursday, June 2, 2011



I taught my first "real" yoga class today! I've taught my friends and fellow teacher trainees before, but this morning was the first class I taught in an actual studio to people who I don't know. I felt super nervous beforehand (and tired since I had to wake up at 6 am!) but I tried to remember the words of my teacher: "You're there to serve." Whenever I get nervous thinking about being up in front of people and teaching them, I just have to remind myself of her wise words. I did feel awkward for the first few minutes and then it got easier and easier. You know what they say, practice makes perfect. Must keep practicing!

p.s. This photo has nothing to do with anything, except that it's of me. I just can't post without a photo!

7 comments:

  1. Stunning photo Gaby! I always feel funny when I don't add a photo to a blog post :-) Whooo hooo at your first class that's freaking awesome. Before you know it you will forget you were ever nervous. I always remind myself fake it till you make it!! Do you go back home every few years??? Do you have a trip planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! i'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how awesome! i'm sure you will love being a yoga teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on becoming a yoga teacher! I've just started going back to a class after a break of a year, and it's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo! Congrats on your first chance teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how exciting. I am looking to start yoga teacher training, although I have to wait till next year, because that is when the next one starts for the type of yoga I do. I'm sure that you will make a huge success of this. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's such an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger