Winter goals

Saturday, June 11, 2011


Inspired by Elsie's summertime goals, I decided to make up my own list. Of course, I live in Australia so I made a list of wintertime goals instead. I love that she focused on fun, non-work related things because I'm also swamped with work right now. But I want to make sure that I take the time to enjoy winter, because it's a season that I love.

So, my slightly silly goals are:
1. Go to the Katoomba Winter Magic Festival. I've been meaning to do this every year that I've lived here and I haven't yet. This is the year!
2. Make gingerbread cookies. Probably these ones...
3. Decorate home for winter. I like changing little things up around my home with the seasons. I'll probably throw in some more flannel, switch up my fox garland etc.
4. Knit something for myself. I feel like it's been forever since I've knitted/crocheted anything! This is just not right and must be rectified immediately.
5. Catch up on oscar movies. This one is really silly, but I missed every single oscar nominated movie this year and I'd like to change that. Starting tonight...

9 comments:

  1. Love your goals. Also love that it's winter there! It's finally nice here and I am sick. So perhaps I will try to accomplish some goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, think I will follow suit and write a few winter goals too. I loved loved loved the Kings Speech, Black Swan was dark yet riveting and both me and hubby loved Inception....very clever film. The social network left me feeling blah and I remember when I was younger watching the Original True Grit.I am showing my age now, but I blame my dad as he loves a good western. I am yet to see this remake. The rest of the Oscar movies I haven't seen. Good luck with your goals Gaby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds perfect. My MIL is going to the winter magic fest next weekend - will be oh so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice goals. What's a winter magic festival?:)

    i know! Sadly i can't take the credit for them, source is at the bottom of the post. But a bit of effort on decoration can do so much!:) they look soooo supertasty! (and..blue :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - even though we're gearing up for summer here, I love your wintry goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wintery goals! Makes me excited for cold weather and Christmas {though I'm thoroughly enjoying this steamy summer weather!}!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea - Isn't it funny the most obvious things to do, we sometimes forget! I might just make a winter list today!

    Lovely to 'meet' you!
    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha. i was so confused as to why it was winter time goals. i'm losing my mind. i need to do this as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger