My Creative Space: dewdrop bag

Thursday, July 7, 2011




In my last creative space post, I wrote about how my sewing machine has been lonely lately. Well, that post must have roused me to action because I've since finished something else! It's a bag, of course. I seem to make a lot of bags (see here, here, here, here and here).

My friend and I started it together in our unofficial two person sewing club and then I finished it yesterday in a fit of productivity. Seriously, last night I made a batch of granola, a batch of muffins, pasta salad for lunches, and I finished this bag. Anyway, it's Keyka Lou's Dewdrop handbag pattern and the exterior is an Anna Maria Horner print. I'm not sure what the inside fabric is. We also made the bag significantly bigger (maybe double?) by free-handing a pattern (not that I would suggest this...). It's a bit wonky, see above note about free-handing, but it's nice and roomy and structured.

14 comments:

  1. These bags look great. Love your choice of fabric. I tried a free hand pattern for a bag recently - and yes I really should have put more forward planning into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag with some beautiful fabric! Love it!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I really like your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shape of your bag is lovely and great fabric choices. I don't think you can ever have enough bags can you;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that would be a great tote bag, and I think the upsizing was a great idea. Love the fabric choices too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric - it's what caught my eye!
    I love fabric bags and just downloaded a pattern I'd like to try - in my spare time ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, what a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure do love these Aussie blogs! That bag would be super cute as a camera bag! It could easily be done with cushy dividers. Just a thought :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi..you had a seriously productive night with all of those projects going on! Love your bag and the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bag is adorable and I'm jealous of your productivity last night! I definitely need some of your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bag is fantastic - I adore the colors and shape :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable bag! The fabric and style is amazing! You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger