Pear & mixed berry crumble

Tuesday, July 12, 2011



On Sunday we had some family coming over for afternoon tea, so I whipped up this crumble in the morning and then baked it right before they arrived. It was so delicious that I thought I'd share the recipe here...

PEAR & MIXED BERRY CRUMBLE
4 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup mixed berries (I used frozen)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
7 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
pinch salt
1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 fahrenheit). Grease a shallow baking dish.

Mix together the pears, berries, sugar, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon flour in the baking dish.

In a bowl, combine 6 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, oats, salt and walnuts. Stir in the melted butter and mix well. Sprinkle this topping over the fruit.

Bake for 40 minutes until lightly browned.

Enjoy!

(recipe adapted from a Katie Lee Joel recipe)

7 comments:

  1. looks divine. love the simplicity too. can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks delectable! Crumbles are just so perfect for Winter nights aren't they? This one looks especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby that crumble looks delicious:) I bet your visitors enjoyed it and I can only imagine how good it would have smelt cooking. I love crumbles as a simple and delicious dessert. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. This looks fabulous! I could use a little scoop of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm this looks sooo good!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I am so making that this weekend - thank you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely bookmarking this recipe on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger