A weekend at a billabong

Monday, July 18, 2011


I just got back from another wonderful weekend yoga retreat. I was there as the assistant, which means that I did have some work to do, but mostly I was free to savour the yoga classes, the wonderful kirtan (devotional chanting), the delicious ayurvedic vegan meals, and the bush (i.e. forest).

I so badly needed a weekend away from the city. In fact, when I uploaded my photos to my computer I noticed that most of the photos I took were of nature, great and small. And even though it was cold, I spent a lot of time curled up on the couches outside by the fire, drinking tea and reading my book. Sometimes you just need to get outside, know what I mean?










16 comments:

  1. I love photo essays. So very pleasant. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos...and looking so green in the bush there (in contrast to our dryer yellowed grass). Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your photos!..especially the one where you are looking down at your feet..great depth of field shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know exactly what you mean-- we just spent a weekend away in the countryside and it was SO very lovely! i couldn't get over how refreshing it was, i actually felt a little sad when we were driving away. definitely doing it again soon :)

    lovely photos too btw! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go on a yoga retreat SO OOOO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really idyllic, peaceful getaway. Lovely pics :)

    www.theheadlessmannequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks and sounds so relaxing. love that photo of the pine cone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos! Looks like a perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pictures are so so beautiful! The vintage ones in your newest post were so lovely, I was seriously staring at them for like five minutes! Thanks for sharing!

    -Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a relaxing and calm weekend. Your yoga retreats always look so perfect! The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the pics here!
    looks like a nice time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are charming. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the flowers & barbed wire photos. reminds me of where i grew up. peaceful places.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger