My creative Space: laptop case

Wednesday, August 17, 2011



Yet another project I've been meaning to make for ages... a laptop case! Mine has been lost for a while now ("misplaced" if you ask my husband), which was a perfect excuse for me to make this project from One Yard Wonders that I had been eyeing.

I used fabric from Ikea and the binding is vintage compliments of my mother in law. If I were to make it again, I think I'd use 2 layers of batting because it's not quite as padded as I'd like. But it is cute, and I've gotten quite a few compliments on it

To check out other creative spaces, go here.

p.s. Special thanks to my friend Natalie for modeling!

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Significantly chic-er than the old messenger bag I use for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so soft...cute fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I've been meaning to make too. It looks great! Crafty and functional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute?
    It's fabulous!
    Love the fabric and the piping and it would have to be one of the most stylish laptop cases I've seen - no wonder you're getting compliments.

    Clever you!

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great! Well done on being proactive! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, well done!
    I love the fabric, yes - IKEA has some wonderful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right it is certainly very cute....Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving it! I wish I had a laptop so I could make something similar :) Fabric is perfect as is the subtle quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so good that you were given such great fabric, very practical and beautiful and you've done a lovely job of making it up into your laptop case, very compliment-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bag...I have been thinking about making something kinda similar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! I'll defo be making one of these when I get my sewing machine. Clever lady you are!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger