Raspberry loaf

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

raspberry loaf

why oh why do the tops of my loaves always burn?

raspberry loaf

raspberry loaf

There's something about cool weather that makes me want to bake. Yesterday was one of those days, cool and slightly overcast. So I mosied down to the shops to pick up the ingredients for this raspberry, lemon and yoghurt loaf. I found the recipe here (thanks to a link on meet me at mike's). It worked perfectly and made a perfect afternoon snack with a cup of tea. I sure am enjoying these last days of winter

9 comments:

  1. Yummo!
    You may have a hot oven. Try cooking it at 10 degrees lower for perhaps 10-15 mins longer. Test if it's cooked with the tester & after one or two trials of this, you will know the oven's secret & will be able to adjust the temperature & cooking time for other recipes too.
    I hope this helps.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that looks SO fantastic! I don't see it being too burnt. <3

    There's something about cool weather that makes me want to knit. Yeah. It's a weird habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. raspberry cake!
    what a nice pinky color.

    your weather is cool already? so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks SO yummy! i actually kinda like it when things are very slightly burnt, so it's just a little bit crunchy on the outside :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy - I agree with Rachael, a bit of burnt top just makes it a little tastier! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, you have a lovely corner here. Glad to have found it!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. my husband would l-o-v-e this bread! thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. raspberry lemon loaf. sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my lordy. WANT! such a pretty loaf, the top gives it character :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger