Missing Colombia

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


I came across these photos on my computer the other day, and I've been dreaming about Colombia ever since. The last time I was there was about 4 years ago, and I must say that I've been missing it. There's just so much to miss: my crazy but loveable family, the fresh food, the music, the passion, the crazy big nights out, the architecture, and the people, of course.

Today I'm posting the photos from my trip up the coast. I hadn't been there since I was a child and I totally fell in love. Cartagena is an amazingly beautiful and oh so romantic city, and the small towns up the coast are lovely and relaxing. And I should mention that these photos are best perused while listening to this song:



DSC_0081



DSC_0148

DSC_0202

DSC_0226

DSC_0575

DSC_0623

DSC_0631

DSC_0111

Cartagena - how cool is this church??

DSC_0195

DSC_0014

DSC_0029

DSC_0474

DSC_0470

For other posts about Colombia check out this post of vintage family photos and this post of my baby photos :)

12 comments:

  1. my best friend is living in Colombia for a year and I talk to her constantly and she just loves it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing - so vibrant! Gorgeous, gorgeous photos... I can see why you're missing it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE SLOTH! Oh my, so gorgeous. I'm loving all these photos Gaby - oh so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so pretty. I'd miss it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a sloth you are cuddling?!? Amazing as are the pictures. No wonder you miss Colombia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, is this where you are from? and you're now in sydney for crying out loud !?!?
    cartegena - hey isnt that where that jewel smuggling went on a couple of decades back....and the aussie got swindled by the americana ? :)))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely incredible!! thanks for sharing this girl! looks like so much fun! so dreamy!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pictures are completely divine...made my day....wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys!

    Martta - it is, in fact, a sloth. they're surprisingly friendly. and by friendly i mean lazy :)

    ohangelina - my mom is from colombia and we did live there until i was 4, but mostly i'm canadian.

    thanks Yasmin! SO sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these pictures are beyond beautiful. I want to go there asap. So so pretty and perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger