My Creative Space: coaster love

Thursday, September 29, 2011

DSC_1256

DSC_0412 copy

I seem to have a thing for making coasters; they're some of the first things I ever made and since they get ratty fairly quickly I've ended up making replacements a few times. I just love how quickly they come together, and how cute you can make them with tiny scraps of leftover fabric.

These are from a pattern in Meet me at Mike's, but they're really easy to improvise as well.
They also look pretty darn cute tied up with a bow and given to a friend as a gift...

a little gift

You can see another set of embroidered coasters that I made here.

For other people's creative spaces, go here.

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!

    I so need some coasters too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like!!! And yes, they would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so sweet. I love the fabric with the stitching. It's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely set of coasters you've made. The appliques are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree they would make great gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute!
    Coasters are always needed and these are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great idea for little scraps of fabric - these have been on my to-do list for ages. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous! I made coaster last week, but they were NO WAY as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so cute! I have this book, but haven't made the coasters yet. I think I'll have to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabric choices, your coasters are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm such a coaster hoarder...these are great!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really love the blue ones. can't wait to see what you fill your etsy shop with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon pennsylvainia.I was just passing though and thought id say hello. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look cute. What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. dude, super cute!!! I obvi need to buy every single one of those.

    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are very cute...I have enjoyed making those same coasters ..they make great pressies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These coasters are adorable, Gaby! I just love them. Perfect gift idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable! You are so talented! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger