My Creative Space: A prints charming apron

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

We're taking a trip down memory lane today for my creative space. A couple of years ago I decided that I wanted to know how to sew. I'm not sure why I decided this, but I was pretty determined.

So I did a class at Prints Charming (which I must've found online) where we learned some very basic skills (i.e. "this is a sewing machine" says the teacher, "wow" responded the 4 students) and made an apron. This apron. After my triumphant apron making, I came home, bought a heap of sewing books and fabric and went crazy. But this is where it all started: this apron, that old house where we used to live and this country which I now call home.

5 comments:

  1. I imagine absolutely everything baked with that sweetie on will be filled with fun and a little sunshine. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that apron. I love your story reminiscing about the beginning of a journey. I'm at the beginning of my sewing journey at the moment. And loving it! Although I unfortunately can't claim anything as clever as an apron as my first sewing achievement!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger