Variety is the spice of life

Friday, September 9, 2011



I've definitely taken this little idiom to heart over the last week, spreading my wings in the yoga world. In the last week I've done kundalini, jivamukti, anusara, yin and hatha classes. I've gone to two different studios that I've never been to, and at the studio where I work and teach I've done two classes with new to me teachers. I also taught at a different studio for the very first time, in a suburb that I don't often go to.

It feels so nice to branch out and try new things. Every time I try a new style, or do a class with a new teacher I learn something new. And I think this makes me a better student, and a better teacher. Tell me, what's your very favourite style of yoga? Or if you've never done yoga, what would you like to try?

p.s. yesterday in class the teacher played this song, and it was awesome to practice to...

5 comments:

  1. Admittedly, I have never done yoga. I just started exercising recently though and have been doing a lot of pilates. I hope next to take a pilates and yoga combo class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm no yoga expert, but i saw a youtube video that talked about a new breathing technique and i love it and use it all the time in yoga classes.

    here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Wt9CFb-4s

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been going for hata yoga classes for about 4 years now, i love it, but i'd like to try everything, sometimes i've done others and it was so different and awesome :) Something i've never done but i'm willing to try anytime soon is kirtan, i totally think it's going to lift me up in an amazing way because i love music and singing mantras so... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kundalini Yoga!

    I discovered it when was living in NYC at Golden Bridge Yoga, which I highly recommend, if you ever happen to go there.
    Can you recommend a great Yoga place (ideally Kundalini) for me when I am moving down to Sydney?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger