Yoga love

Tuesday, October 18, 2011



Last week in one of my night classes I had a guy who brought his girlfriend to class. She's fairly new and so when I started to explain that it was time for savasana (final relaxation) he went over to her, grabbed her an eye pillow and a blanket and tucked her in. It was kind of the cutest thing ever.

AND THEN on Sunday I was teaching a morning class and when I was wandering around the room at the end doing savasana adjustments (a.k.a. head massages) there was a couple who were holding hands. Their fingers were just lightly interlaced in that casual, intimate way of real couples. It was really lovely. And it made me think about love and yoga, and how sweet it is when the two meet.

8 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet story and this pic goes with it perfectly...so cute :)

    xo erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful moments you've noticed. Such lovely thoughts. The photo is gorgeous. Did you see the one I posted of turtles doing yoga?!! I've just been to an awesome yoga session this morning at a studio I was introduced to recently. I think I've finally found my perfect yoga class for me. Feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this post! I love yoga. And I love love. And BOTH together, now that's just sweet. I was just talking with a friend about how otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift apart, cutest thing ever?? I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me feel (in a good way) like I need to go do some yoga soon. I think sometimes there is so much love, in the small subtle details and everyday life, all around us. Then sometimes I just tend to forget that. Anyway not much rhythm and rhyme in my comment just wanted to say that I loved reading this post. Made me feel warm and fuzzy.

    P.s. The otters are just too cute. Happy sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It so gorgeous seeing little snippets of peoples love for each other. My favourite is when really old couples who have been together forever and ever kiss. Romance is the littlest things x

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwww.

    so fun. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this made my heart swell with happiness. i needed this tonight :) thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the most beautiful thing, i'm so glad i read this. and maybe i'm just feeling a little sad because patrick is still away, but it may or may not have made me tear up a little! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger