Eddie Izzard (and an embarrassing tale)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011


For a long time, Eddie Izzard has been one of my favourite comedians. Years ago when I was visiting my friend in L.A. I saw him and made a total fool of myself. We were in her car and we had just pulled into a parking lot. He was going into a shop and I excitedly started to yell: "Oh my god it's Eddie Izzard!!! Eeeeee! I love him!" My friend had no idea who he was, and was mortified because the windows were all rolled down and I hadn't noticed. Awesome. So it's safe to say that he witnessed this outburst from crazy over-excited Canadian tourist and then he had to shop with me. I totally avoided him and hung my head in shame.

Fast forward to 2011... Last night I dragged my sick ass out of bed and over to the opera house to see Eddie Izzard. You see, my friend had a free ticket for me and NOTHING short of being hospitalised was going to stop me from being there. It was an absolutely brilliant show and I'm so grateful to my friend for the ticket.

I also realized last night that I can die happy now because I've seen my trifecta of favourite comedians: Eddie Izzard, Dylan Moran and Mike Berbiglia. And just for kicks, I leave you with one of my favourite Eddie Izzard skits of all time...


5 comments:

  1. I really love your space!! It's so inviting and warm!!

    ~Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love Eddie Izzard. He used to be on a show called The Riches with Minnie Driver and it was my favorite show!!! I can't believe it got cancelled. :(

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Eddie Izzard. He's so fantastic. I'm pretty jealous that you get to see him. I would have made a spectacle too. ;-)

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeek, love your story about the crazy fan shoutout! :) I think I would have done the same. Dress to kill is BY FAR my all time favourite comedian act. But - and it saddens me to write this because I love him so much - I saw him in Paris in June this year and I was extremely disappointed. He decided to do his entire show in French and it just wasn't the same. He doesn't speak well enough so a lot of his jokes just weren't funny. So I'm hoping that in the near future I'll have another opportunity to see him perform... though in English this time!
    xx
    ps: I need to check out those other comedians you mention. Hello YouTube, i'ma coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love love Eddie Izzard and Dylan Moran. Don't think I know Mike Berbiglia I will have to check him out! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger