In the midst of yet another fairly crappy week involving the continuing passport saga and me coming down with the flu on the hottest day of the year yet (seriously, it was 32 degrees celsius yesterday and I got the flu, wtf???), I'm really feeling the need to put a hold on the self pity and remind myself of the things I have to be grateful for. So inspired by Whitney, here are 10 things I'm feeling especially grateful for...
1. Husband, who took such good care of me yesterday and came home instead of doing what he actually wanted to do so he could make me dinner, and make sure my fever wasn't going through the roof (it is).
2. My mom who is doing everything she can on the other side of the world to get me a passport, thanks mom!
3. The air conditioning unit in our flat. I think I'd die without it.
4. Visiting yoga teachers who never cease to leave me feeling oh so inspired, both as a yoga student and a teacher.
5. Fleet Foxes. Love them.
6. The fact that another Ira Glass show was added to his Sydney line-up. I'm seriously hoping that this time I actually manage to get tickets for husband and I.
7. Skype. What would us expats do without it?
8. Coffee. I'm not a major coffee drinker but sometimes it's exactly what I need to get me through the morning :)
9. The beautiful skirt from Anthro that my mom sent me. She has the best taste!