Especially grateful for, 3rd edition

Tuesday, November 15, 2011


In the midst of yet another fairly crappy week involving the continuing passport saga and me coming down with the flu on the hottest day of the year yet (seriously, it was 32 degrees celsius yesterday and I got the flu, wtf???), I'm really feeling the need to put a hold on the self pity and remind myself of the things I have to be grateful for. So inspired by Whitney, here are 10 things I'm feeling especially grateful for...

1. Husband, who took such good care of me yesterday and came home instead of doing what he actually wanted to do so he could make me dinner, and make sure my fever wasn't going through the roof (it is).
2. My mom who is doing everything she can on the other side of the world to get me a passport, thanks mom!
3. The air conditioning unit in our flat. I think I'd die without it.
4. Visiting yoga teachers who never cease to leave me feeling oh so inspired, both as a yoga student and a teacher.
5. Fleet Foxes. Love them.
6. The fact that another Ira Glass show was added to his Sydney line-up. I'm seriously hoping that this time I actually manage to get tickets for husband and I.
7. Skype. What would us expats do without it?
8. Coffee. I'm not a major coffee drinker but sometimes it's exactly what I need to get me through the morning :)
9. The beautiful skirt from Anthro that my mom sent me. She has the best taste!
10. Inspiring books. Right now I'm reading Women's Power to Heal: Through Inner Medicine by Maya Tiwari (a.k.a. Mother Maya). If you're interested in Ayurveda at all, this a must read!

8 comments:

  1. makes me wanna make my own grateful post, though some days are tough (like saying "hey lady, you're not gonna forget we're here in the samsara")this life is such a gift and we're so blessed to have good bodies to go through it, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list. And it's so perfect for Thanksgiving coming right up! You have me wanting to take a yoga class again. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, i know, what is with getting sick when it's SO hot?! anyway, i hope it doesn't hit you too hard and you feel better soon :)

    i'm also extremely grateful for aircon and fans! i think i'd melt away without them! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your mom sounds very sweet! passports and anthro skirts! i hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you've had a not-so-fun week! But your mom sounds amazing- an anthro skirt? so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love posts that share thankfulness!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such s sweet list. Hope you feel better soon lady. And re being an expat, have you tried Viber? It's the best iPhone app. Free calls & sms to anywhere (but your friends also need Viber). Check it out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's freezing here, I'll trade with ya! Wonderful post, I'm inspired to make one as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger