Guest post: A Collection of Passions

Friday, November 25, 2011

* While I'm getting my yoga on in Bali this week, I've asked some of my blog friends to share their favourite travel stories. I'm excited to have Kacie from A Collection of Passions to kick us off today. Kacie is an actress/mom to baby Gwyneth and her bog is full of cute mum style, gorgeous photos and lovely inspiration. Be sure to head on over to her blog to say hi!

Hi there, I'm Kacie from A Collection of Passions. I love Gaby's blog and I live vicariously through her calm yoga-infused existence. I'm happy to be here guest blogging while she's on her trip. My very favorite place to travel is Paris. I am constantly watching the airfare updates and dreaming of croissants, Tuileries and ballet flats. My husband and I are working hard so that we can take a trip next year to Scotland, Ireland, Paris and Barcelona. We may not make to all these places but we have to take our daughter, Gwyneth, to Paris. I can't cross into Europe without visiting this magical city. I adore Paris. I thought I'd share with you my ten thirteen favorite things about it. All these photos are from our honeymoon which feels like it was ages ago! Just looking at these makes me want to hop aboard a flight...



The incredible food. Where else can you eat a five course lunch (every day for three weeks)?




The awkward signs in the Modern Art Museum.





Glimpses of the Eiffel Tower through windows. This happens all over the city.





Walking everywhere. It's one of the best walking cities in the world.





Espressos and croissants to start off every day.





Sunset on the Champs de Mars while sipping a glass polishing off a bottle of wine and holding hands with a charming gentleman.






The street performers...






...and the metro singers.






Sharing a carafe of wine on the Ile St. Louis (in the middle of the day). Nothing like sightseeing with a buzz.






Cafe goers and their pups.






The physics-defying parking of the Parisians... and their tiny cars.






Dressing rooms like this!







And, of course, the Pont Alexndre III. Everyone finds a favorite bridge at some point in their life. This is mine.


Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me.

6 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, makes me want to transport myself there. Once in Italy I saw people lifting a tiny car and moving it out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby!!
    I must say you have a very lovely blog!!!
    Compliments!

    If you want you can visit my blog!
    leavventuredellapice.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can decide whether to laugh hysterically, or to shake my head disapprovingly at that sign in the Modern Art Museum. Totally awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimia and Lily, I KNOW! I thought that was so great. It's just the way it was worded. Instead of saying, this exhibit contains graphic images or something... ah, gotta love the French! Thanks for your nice comments.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimia and Lily, I KNOW! I thought that was so great. It's just the way it was worded. Instead of saying, this exhibit contains graphic images or something... ah, gotta love the French! Thanks for your nice comments.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger