An impromptu retreat

Friday, November 11, 2011

DSC_0851

In the midst of this week's frustrations, I got to escape for a night to an impromptu yoga retreat at one of my favourite retreat centers (see my other trips here and here). It felt a bit irresponsible to run away to the bush when I had so much to do in the city, but I decided that it was more important to pause. To just be. However briefly.

It was amazing to me to think about just how different it was last time I was there. Just a couple of months ago I was bundled up in scarves and boots, drinking tea and sitting by the fire.
This time I spent most of my time melting in my swimsuit, drinking cold water and going for swims in the billabong. Just as good, but in a very different way. There was also some yoga, but not a whole lot to be totally honest. Relaxing, staying cool and playing with the kids took up much of our time.


DSC_0862


DSC_0869

Practicing my adjustments with another yoga teacher.

DSC_0872

Eating alfresco.

DSC_0891

Sunlight hitting the outdoor living area.

DSC_0897


DSC_0909

This billabong was our saviour!

p.s. Happy 11/11/11 everyone! I'm heading off to a chanting extravaganza to celebrate. Any other yogis have any plans for the day?

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I'm completely jealous! I used to do so much Yoga and Pilates. You have inspired me to get back into it :)

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely retreat! And it looks so warm... I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks heavenly! Oh, how I long for a retreat and a spot of yoga... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so relaxing and healthy. I am inspired by the things you are doing lately. Lovely.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous! Looks so amazing and relaxing. Good for the soul.

    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks amazing! i've never done yoga, but maybe i should try.

    found you over @ story of my life.

    new follower.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place seriously looks MAGICAL. I agree, it's so important to just stop and be from time to time, no matter how busy or crazy life gets...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I really need to start doing Yoga. It looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. oh and come check out my sexy red HOBO wallet giveaway!!!!

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Aarean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phenomenally jealous... what a beautiful retreat! I should of married an Australian, not an Argentine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geez, with a weekend like that, you can't help but feel the newness of a whole different week.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger