My Creative Space: a halloween costume

Thursday, November 3, 2011


I'm still not quite sure why I decided at 5 p.m. on Saturday night that making a halloween costume would be a good idea. But against all logic, that's exactly what I did. Using this tutorial for a bird costume, I frantically started cutting and sewing until a few hours into a project that was only supposed to take about an hour, I called it a day and stopped.

You see, those ovals are supposed to go all the way up to the neck and the neck and armholes are supposed to be bound with bias tape. But when you start making a costume the night you need it you can't be too fussy! So I threw my half finished costume on and went and partied like it was 1 BC :)


Nicole and I. She's dressed as a 90's grunge girl (which was my original costume idea, the less insane idea). All photos by husband.


in the above right photo I'm flying, you know, because I'm a bird


What did you guys do for halloween?

For more creative spaces go here.

7 comments:

  1. wow! super cute and super original costume! I was lame and didn't dress up at all or party. but I did eat candy:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute little costume.. I think it looks great where you stopped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your costume! Looks so sweet. Hope you has a wonderful night.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaby, I LOVE it. You look amazing. You're also super ambitious for making your own costume. One of these years I am gonna try to make Henry's costume....we'll see how it goes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this!!! I think it looks perfect where you stopped. I would probably even wear this on just a normal day... it's pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costume is adorable! I love how it turned out, even in its modified form. Super cute on you!

    p.s. I'm loving your blog.
    - newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, even if it is unfinished!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger