OUTPOST - art from the streets

Monday, November 7, 2011

DSC_0787


My friend and I really liked the giant soy sauce fish :)

DSC_0796


DSC_0805


t-shirts galore!

DSC_0822


DSC_0832

Some of my favourite Banksy pieces. Look closely at the pink one below, read what's on the jumpers the grandmas are knitting. Love it.

DSC_0834

DSC_0838


One of my favourite things about living in Sydney is the abundance of festivals. This weekend a group of friends and I all headed to Cockatoo Island to check out Outpost, a festival of street art. It's the biggest festival of its kind in the southern hemisphere and it did not disappoint.

We took a ferry in the early afternoon over to the island, and then spent the next few hours checking out the art, eating dumplings and ice cream, lying around in the grass and exploring the craziness that is Cockatoo Island. It was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I've always wanted to go to Sydney. It was great to experience the city through your eyes. :)

    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos. What a beautiful day and I love your dress.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome looking festival! I didn't know this one was on. I love street art and remember the great movie on Banksy's work. I think we spotted some of his work in Paris when we were there in June. Hope your week is starting off well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your blog is really adorable. beautiful pictures (and dress . . . super cute). i look forward to revisiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you make me miss Sydney!
    What a great festival. And the weather looks stunning.
    thanks for sharing some of the art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!
    I can't believe we are going to live there...it will be soooo different from London.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger