Up the coast

Wednesday, November 2, 2011


It's been a pretty rough week around these parts, especially for my husband. After being away for work for eight days he came home to two family members dying in the same week, and two funerals to attend.

And so on Sunday morning we decided that a change of scenery was needed and we spontaneously jumped in the car and drove north, destination central coast.

terrigal

terrigal

We ended up in sunny Terrigal, which was actually not at all sunny when we arrived on Sunday. And as much as we ended up getting what we needed, a change of scenery, it was also kind of a comedy of errors.

We had a shocking time with restaurants, for example. On Sunday night we left our hotel just before 8 to find a quiet place for dinner. We walked to the two restaurants we had in mind, both were closed. So then we widened our search only to find that most other places were closed as well. I then remembered a restaurant in the next suburb over that I'd been hoping to try out so we jumped in the car and raced over (not literally) only to be told that the kitchen had closed 20 minutes earlier (it was 8:15 pm for crying out loud!). I'm happy to report that we did finally find a friendly place to eat, where they were happy to serve us dinner at 8:30 :)

terrigal

terrigal

terrigal

The next day included two visits to the beach (with accompanying sunburn, of course) and a stop at Bamboo Buddha, thanks to a suggestion from Jodi. A vegetarian cafe in the loveliest of gardens, this place was right up my alley.

terrigal

terrigal


terrigal

Finally, we ended our little jaunt with a trip to Avoca beach where we covered up (no more sunburns for us!) and I read my new book while husband did his crossword. And no, I'm not expecting I'm just preparing for a prenatal yoga class I'm taking on this month :)


terrigal

terrigal

12 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post!! Your outifits are wayyy cute and this place basically looks like Heaven on earth right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight days away, and then two funerals in a row-- yikes, your poor husband, no wonder you needed some time away.

    Your photos make me crave a little getaway SO bad-- I've been thinking lately maybe Patrick and I need to spend a night away at the coast.... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SORRY it's been rough for you. ::HUGS::

    LOVE the new look of the blog though! Super cute.

    And those pictures are to die for. You're such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such an amazing time. YOu look so pretty and cozy in your easy skirt and wrappy cream sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look of the blog :) Condolences to husband, but looks like you guys had a nice little getaway! Can't wait to learn about prenatal yoga from you (no, I'm not pregnant either) but for the benefit of my future patients!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the perfect day! These images are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah! all of these pictures are so gorgeous, as are you! :) you're making me crave summer already :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, hello cute new blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry for your husbands loss. those are never easy to come home too. but it looks like you made the most out of the situation and had a beautiful little trip! gorgeous pictures girl! and love your sandals!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great trip.. I think this is just perfect for a little "break".. oh I miss the sounds of waves..
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger