Yes, I am. I was born shortly after midnight on December the 25th, and have endured a lifetime of Jesus jokes and combined gifts. So this year, I thought it only fitting that I give you all some tips for how to treat the Christmas babies in your life...
- Just don't do it :) If at all possible, don't have a baby on Christmas day! I actually gave this sound piece of advice to my group of sweet prenatal yoga students on Sunday. I think I made my point.
- ALWAYS say Happy birthday BEFORE you say Merry Christmas. Just do it.
- Try to avoid the combo gift, unless it's the best combo gift ever in the history of the universe. This is particularly important should you find yourself married to a Christmas baby. Trust me on this one.
- Don't wrap birthday presents in Christmas paper. Better yet, wrap gifts in old newspaper; it's eco and birthday/Christmas neutral :)
- Try to make a birthday cake for your Christmas amigo, even if it comes out at Christmas lunch/dinner. I've had quite a few people do this for me over the years and I always appreciate it so, so much. It makes me feel special.
- If you really love them, try to take your friend/partner out for dinner or a drink before Christmas. Most of us stop trying to celebrate our birthdays as soon as we're not kids anymore and we realize that people are busy and distracted at Christmas. I would be delighted to do something just for my birthday!
And so that I don't sound like a complete grinch, there are some nice things about sharing my birthday with Jesus... For example, I can make jokes about sharing my birthday with Jesus. People don't usually forget my birthday and I've never had to work or go to school on my birthday.
p.s. Do any of you have birthdays on Christmas or any other holiday? Have I missed anything on my list?