My creative space: A Japanese inspired laptop case

Thursday, December 8, 2011



After I made myself a laptop case from the pattern in One Yard Wonders, I had a few friends request one of their very own. Here's one I made for a friend/fellow yoga teacher, whose laptop is so mini she couldn't buy a case that fit.

It's made from a vintage kimono that I cut up, and the flap piece is a tiny piece of beautiful Japanese silk that my friend picked up for me. I really love how the fabrics are mismatching, but still work together. And there's no better feeling than making something new out of something old, wouldn't you agree?

For more creative spaces, go here.

13 comments:

  1. Nice on Gaby!

    And gorgeous Bali pics – it looked like an amazing holiday.. but ouch for that toe! Yowsers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely fabrics, i agree with you, i think it's magic how we can arrange swatches to match, feel gifted cause not everybody can do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! You are so so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I'm a new follower to your blog. I love these two fabrics together, I especially like the Japanese silk pattern. I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for a super cute one of a kind vintage necklace, you should stop by.

    Ashley
    bradandashleycollins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so chic and so creative! Beautiful :)
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous! I love the mismatching fabric too! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the mix matched patterns. it looks great!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger