Beautiful things that come in the mail

Wednesday, January 11, 2012




I just got my husband to snap this photo of my toque and when I looked at it, I exclaimed, "Wow, I look completely deranged!" His answer: "Yeah, cause you're a crazy canuck. Duh."



I've said it before and I'll say it again: one of the best things about living overseas is that I get mail. Especially around my birthday/Christmas every time I go to the post office I'm filled with excitement, hoping that maybe there'll be another little card or box with my name written on the front.

This year was no exception; I got lots of beautiful cards, clothing from my mom, this awesome deer from my mom, amazing fabric from a family friend (pictured above), the most awesome toque ever and a fab top, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting...

6 comments:

  1. oh i loved all this, i wish i'd get mail more often (i might get something on a swap like once a year... i'd probably get into more swaps this year hah)
    i loved the hat but i had to look up for the canuck meaning, i didn't even relate it with canada... those slang english terms... you look pretty awesome with the hat on anyhow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable stuff! I love the way you have things arranged in that first picture. Love the garland thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that in this electronic era, getting packages and letters via snail mail is always so exciting. I do love your crazy hat! The perfect hat to wear on the ski slopes me thinks. :)

    Happy belated birthday, Xmas and new year to you dearest Gabi. I hope 2012 is a good one. Bisous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jump in excitement everytime I get mail too! I promised myself in 2012 I will take more time to send things out (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the crazy canuck hat! LOL! I also enjoy getting actual mail because we moved out of province about a year ago lol Makes Christmas and Birthdays all the more exciting, I think! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cards all perfectly displayed and I love the deer. Very lovely! Happy new year/Happy Birthday?

    MJ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger