My creative space: yard sale wrap skirt

Thursday, January 12, 2012


DSC_0441



DSC_0434

All photos by husband.

This skirt was one of my pre-Bali frantic sewing projects (still not quite sure why I did that...) that I finished just in the nick of time. It's the yard-sale wrap skirt from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross made with some Anna Maria Horner fabric from my stash (a whole lot actually - 3 meters to be exact).

I panicked a bit because during my normal pre-sewing google research, I found a lot of people who had ended up with skirts too small. Luckily for me, I have a newer edition of the book where the sizing is right. I made the small/medium and it fits perfectly, although I would make the ties a bit longer if I were to make it again.

It came together nicely with lovely french seams and a hand-sewn rolled hem, which makes it feel more professional than a lot of things I make. But most importantly, this skirt is oh so fun to twirl in!

3 comments:

  1. Oh your skirt is lovely ... I'm all for one which allows for lots of twirling.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! Twirl away girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It's a project I've been meaning to make for awhile...put off mainly due to the fact that it takes so much fabric. Love Anna Maria Horner prints.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger