my creative space: the girliest pillows ever!

Thursday, February 2, 2012


It is really hard to take nice, light photos in my house!



A while back I went through a pillow making phase. I think it's because making pillows is really easy, and therefore appeals to the side of my personality that needs instant gratification. Then one day husband was all: "Will you stop making pillows already?!? We're running out of places to sit." This was followed by something to the effect of: "It's nice that you make things for the house, but can you please try to use less pink? It's getting kind of girly in here."

Being the nice wife that I am, I obliged. On both matters. Until this weekend when I was sitting in front of a pile of beautiful fabric that my friend got me in Turkey. Most of it was pink, and I wanted to make something quick! So I whipped up these very pink, very girly pillows. Sorry husband.

A note on the sewing: very basic. I sewed up two pieces for the front. The back is lapped (i.e. two pieces of fabric that overlap each other, thereby creating a gap to put the pillow in) because I'm afraid of zippers.

For more creative spaces, go here

17 comments:

  1. Love these pillows Gaby!! The two fabrics are absolutely the cutest - adore them paired together. Haha, I remember when Martin moved in with me way back when... my room was pink. Yup, I repainted it shortly after. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pillows! Such lovely fabric - my husbands the same with too much pink!! :)


    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely understand being inspired to make with these fabrics - they are gorgeous! And the pillows are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so sweet! Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Fabric Gaby! Surely hubs will get over the pink ;)... they are really cute! If he doesn't - you can always send them to my place. There are 3 males in the house, and one me. I think I need more pink! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fabric is lovely, perfect for pillows:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderfull work you did with this pillows! I like it very much! I like to make pillows too, especially with owls...
    Thank you for visited my blog and left a comment. That gave me the opportunity to visit your blog and see your gorgeus crafts. I'll keep follow you since I'm your follower now! Please come and visit my blog too anytime you want.
    Have a nice week end!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! I think you're pretty amazing for being able to whip up pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they're lovely ... and at least there's plenty of other colours in there too ... surely that, and all the comfortable places to sit keeps the husband a little happier! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my husband! But they're oh so cute...love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha, i love that you just called these the girliest pillows. oh gosh, they are just too perfect. now if only i could actually sew!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are BEYOND cute. looooove them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am embarrassed to say that I have had a pile of fabric in my office for over a year that is supposed to be pillows. :/ I really need to get to them. I dig the idea of the dual fabrics here though. Maybe that's why I have been procrastinating. If I had done them sooner, i wouldn't have though to pair them with another fabric... now I am justifying my laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are sew (get it, sew) beautiful! Makes me wish I knew how to sew. I love the fabric.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your method is the same that I do mine too. Who wants to be bothered with a zipper when you don't have to? I have similar complaints of too many cushions, but I love the look of lots of cushions and they are so handy for knitting, reading and napping. Lovely cheery fabric too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger