rainy mornings

Friday, February 10, 2012

granola



DSC_0608

DSC_0616

DSC_0625
note to self: self portraits are so not my strong suit!

I'm pretty sure that most bloggers experience this at some point or another, but sometimes I struggle with keeping this place positive versus being honest. To be honest, for various reasons that I won't go into here, it hasn't been the best week ever. Hence the very light posting...

And while summer in Sydney is normally warm and sunny for months on end, we are currently in the middle of our wettest summer in years and the coldest summer in about 50 years.

After a frustrating Thursday, I woke up today (Friday) to more rain. Then I decided that instead of wallowing I would buy an umbrella and go for a walk in the rain. So I did. I ate the yummy granola that my friend made for me, then went out to get a coffee from the neighbourhood place where everyone knows me and makes me feel like I live in a village.

I took some photos in the rain then meandered over to the post office where the book I've been anxiously awaiting, My Heart Wanders, was finally in my mailbox. I'm back at home now, and wouldn't you know it, the sun is peaking out and the sky is blue! I'm going to go take advantage...

Happy weekend friends! xx

13 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to take a day from a rough week and turn it into a happy one! I hope your weekend is full of relaxing, smiles, and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos!
    xx. Jillian
    http://boyishchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post and looks like a lovely book!!! sorry you've had a rough week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know that feeling of positivity vs honesty ... I try to keep my blog as positive as I can too, but it's not always easy.

    I had to laugh - I have the exact same shoes, keep cup and Pia's book ... I hope you enjoy the read, it's a beautiful edition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm upset that your summer is so wet and cold.. BUT.. remember: summer is anyways better than our -30C winter here.. Sending you hugs from Russia! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad the sun is finally shining for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your positivity, even during crappy weeks. So glad the sun is finally peaking out for you! Here's to a happier weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it seems like we've been having an unusually warm & dry "winter"...but i know how rain day after day can get old very fast! granola looks delicious though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made a lovely day happen my dear! This post is so inspiring... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to make your day positive :) It's a fine line for me on my blog too...and the past month I've been going through some pretty intene family stuff. So I can relate! Take some time to enjoy yourself. Things will look up :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we have to search for the small things to help us not worry about the big things. Hope your Saturday is evn sunnier!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can agree with that, but i think the most beautiful blogs are the ones that approach sadness in a happy way. much like you do. hope your week has gotten better xo.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and if you ask me a question I'll answer you here (or by email if your email is linked to your profile) x

 

this little port © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger